Questions Live On, Answers are Transient.
Today’s Questions (8th April 2020) …
A few fundamental Questions connecting the economy, work, health, consumption, politics, leadership?
When health prevents people from working …
- What happens to organisations?
- What happens to people’s priorities?
- Who is going to produce stuff?
- Who is going to buy stuff?
- What does marketing mean? (It is always wise to consider this Question.)
- What „stuff“ do we really need?
- How are people going to buy food that they need to survive?
- How are people going to pay for their homes?
- Imagine a healthy economy …
What kind of economy would we consider healthy?
- What is the meaning of a „job“?
- What does „career“ mean now?
To what extent is there value in the notion of a career?
To what extent was there ever value in the notion of a career?
- What do these Questions mean for our current models of democracy?
Which other forms of democracy could we imagine?
What would be the benefits and potential dangers in each?
- What would economy mean now, if we had Universal Basic Income?
- What would politics mean now, if we had Universal Basic Income?
- Borders are closing. How aware are people in Europe of the current risk of dismantling the fundamental achievement of the European Union during the past 70 years – peace?
- Imagine a healthy environment …
What would this mean for our economy? For our political system?
- How do our responses to all these Questions affect our understanding of „leadership“?
And what would this mean in practice?